Conference // Lisbon 2020 // POSTPONED TO 2021
May 28, 2020
The ICDAD conference and annual meeting originally planned for October 2020 in Lisbon has been postponed to 2021 due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The theme for the 2021 conference will remain the same—"Revivals"—and all papers submitted to the original Call for Papers will be considered for inclusion. The CFP will be renewed in 2021 as well, and the board welcomes additional proposals at that time.
The entire ICDAD board is disappointed to have to postpone the meeting in Lisbon, but the wellbeing and safety of members must be the priority. In place of the meeting in Lisbon, ICDAD will host a virtual conference this fall, with a theme and CFP forthcoming.
Conference // Lisbon 2020 // CfP deadline postponed
April 27, 2020
Due to the pandemic situation, the ICDAD board decided to postpone the deadline of the annual call for conference papers to June 30, 2020.
As this is a rapidly-evolving situation, it is not possible to provide advice about travel in the near future. Also, we do not know what the financial situation in the museums will be after shorter or longer periods of closedown. For the moment we have decided to go on planning the conference in Lisbon on October 14-16, 2020. Therefore, we encourage you to participate in the round of call for papers and would like to inform you that alternatives are considered currently for the conference timing and format. You will be informed by the end of May about all possible changes in the plans.
CONFERENCE // LISBON 2021 // REVIVALS
February 12, 2020
The 2021 Annual Conference and General Assembly of ICOM International Committee for Museums and Collections of Decorative Arts and Design will take place at the National Palace of Ajuda in Lisbon, Portugal (plus two days for the post conference tour to Coimbra and Porto).
- Call for Papers (before postponement to 2021)
January 28, 2019
ICDAD Grants 2020-2021
Deadline of Application: August 30, 2020
ICDAD is announcing grants of the amount of 500 and 1,000 euros for 2020 and 2021. All individual and institutional members of ICDAD are welcome to apply. Collaborations with ICOM national or regional groups, with other ICOM international committees, or other partners are allowed and encouraged.
The proposed projects should fit into the following categories of activity:
- conferences, trainings and meetings
- publications and research activities
- activities for young members
- actions encouraging exchange with emerging countries
- cooperation with other ICOM committees and/or Regional Alliances
Travel Grants for Annual Conference 2021
ICDAD is awarding three travel grants for young museum professionals in order to participate at the ICDAD Annual Conference "Revival" 2021 in Lisbon, Portugal:
- Portuguese grant (for young curators from outside Lisbon) up to 400 € + free conference registration
- European grant: up to 1000 € + free conference registration
- Non-European grant: up to 2000 € + free conference registration
Note: The grant does not include post-conference tour or conference dinner. Grants will be distributed after the conference, based on the justifying documents provided. The grantees pay their expenses and shall transfer all the invoices to the IC (treasurer) after the event. If the total amount of invoices is inferior to the grant, the IC reimburses only the invoices paid by the member. If the total amount of invoices is superior to the grant, the reimbursement of the IC is limited to it.
Please be aware that:
- priority will be given to young members (≤ 35 years) from countries belonging to Categories 4, 3 and 2 (as defined in the ICOM membership grid)
- young members who haven't received grants in the previous three years will be given priority
- has been accepted to hold a lecture in the annual conference
- able to understand and speak English fluently
- be full-time museum employee
- individual member of ICOM and ICDAD
- up-to-date with their membership dues ("in good standing")
All applications should be sent to email@example.com and must include:
- the completed and signed application form
- a 500 words statement of the applicant’s motivation for attending the annual meeting and the benefits which he/she expects to derive from it
- the applicant’s curriculum vitae indicating training, work experience, publications as well as current work responsibilities within his/her institution (maximum one page)
- a copy of a valid travel document (passport, identity card)
Each grantee will be required to submit a report and/or a questionnaire within two weeks following the meeting, stating his/her experience and contribution to ICOM activities and its International Committee.
The resources for this programme are limited. Applicants are required to comply with the eligibility criteria stated in the document.
Will be uploaded prior to the next Annual Meeting in 2021.
To become a member of ICDAD you first have to become a member of ICOM. To do so please consult: https://icom.museum/en/get-involved/
For any related questions please contact ICOM International Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org